The MX-1 offers a new dimension in design and technology—winner of multiple international design awards. The MX-1 incorporates our latest innovations and offers an amazing range of customizable lighting options.
- Custom made to the precise dimensions of your project
- Fully retracts into sleek cassette for protection, superior aesthetics
- The closed cassette extends 2′ from wall for added shade protection, architectural interest
- Available with smaller, more delicate cassette as MX-1 Compact (extends 14.5″ from wall)
- Available in 6 standard cassette colors and 162 custom colors
- Premium High-Tech Fabrics in hundreds of color selections
- Maximum width of a single unit is 23′
- Minimum width is 8.2′
- Maximum extension is 14.2′ (13.6′ for Compact)
- Minimum extension is 6.1′ (5.4′ for Compact)
The MX-1 incorporates the latest engineering innovations and technology while offering an array of customization options to personalize each shade solution.
- Bionic Tendon, our exclusive technology that provides friction-free and noiseless operation of the folding arms
- Integrated gutter and hidden water drainage spouts in front profile
- Flush mounted to wall with hidden brackets for refined appearance
- Customize the color of the front panel
- Pitch adjustment from 5° to 25°
- Optional drop down ShadePlus Valance for customized shading
- Cassette and frame are powder coated for long lasting beauty
Options and Operation
ShadePlus Valance drops from front profile up to 8.25′ for completely customized shading, added privacy and protection from sun and wind.
Up to 6 LED spotlights, adjustable horizontally, vertically and dimmable, can be integrated in front profile.
An LED line installed in the front panel provides gentle, constant lighting under the awning.
LED lighting in front panel illuminates the front panel and provides a gentle ambient lighting.
Up to 7 LED spotlights, directed up and/or down, can be integrated into the cassette attached to the wall.
Vibrabox wind sensor
Vibrabox wind sensor retracts awning in high wind for maximum safety.
Remote control via radio RTS with 4-channel handset is standard, io radio controlled motor is optional.
Our special anti-corrosion treatment is applied before the powder coating to all components—brackets, arms, rails, cassettes. It is recommended for all installations in harsh environments and within a half-mile of the ocean.
Infra red heater
An attractive, unobtrusive housing design in aluminium, powder coated to match the colour of your awning.
The housing is weather and splash proof. Available with remote control. Average lamp life approximatively 5000 hours. Power output optionally in 1400 W or 2000 W.
The MX-1 is offered in the following standard colors. In addition, the cassette may be custom colored in 162 Dupont RAL colors (delivery times extended). The MX-1 cassette and front profile is also offered in multi-colored options and the front panel can be colored to provide unique ambient lighting (please download the specification guide for details).
- Traffic White
- Off-White Textured
- Metallic Aluminum
- Stone Grey Metallic
- Anthracite Metallic
- Havana Brown Textured
Markilux offers a complete range of premium, high-tech awning fabrics for the M3300 pur in an unmatched range of colors. Each of our awning fabrics meets the highest standards for UV Protection, Color Fastness and Weather Resistance. For commercial installations, we can provide awning fabrics that meet the strictest US and Canadian fire codes.
Sunsilk Nano-Clean, in 77 colors, is a silky, polyester fabric that is self-cleaning, has superior color brilliance and luminescence, and a low winding circumference for durable beauty. It is quick drying, resistant to dirt and grease, color fast, UV resistant and provides superior sun protection.
Sunvas Nano-Clean, in 134 colors, is a breakthrough technology from Markilux. It offers all of the performance benefits of Sunsilk SNC but with a soft, velvety feel and texture perfect for the North American lifestyle. Sunvas also provides a gentle and appealing luminosity.
Sunsilk Perla FR, in 11 colors, is Sunsilk fabric with a special coating that renders it waterproof and fire retardant (meets European fire standard). Its matte white underside allows for a pleasant, light atmosphere in the evening. It is a desirable option for any waterproof awning, especially with pitched awnings, or horizontal awnings with guttering systems and gap cover profiles.
Sunvas Perla, in 14 colors, has all of the performance characteristics of Sunvas, but adds a transparent coating to make it waterproof and impervious to the effects of weather. Sunvas Perla offers exceptional UV protection, weather protection and beautiful look and feel.